Who We Are
University Human Resources (UHR) is committed to advancing Stanford's position and reputation as the best led, best managed university in the world by supporting a culture of innovation and opportunity.
We support the university’s mission of excellence in teaching, research, and patient care through strategic, innovative, and flexible services that:
- Attract, develop, reward and retain a diverse and talented workforce
- Foster a productive work environment where people feel valued
- Support the changing nature of work and the workplace environment
- Add value and reflect good stewardship of resources
- Are fair, ethical and legally compliant
Our competitive employment package, with outstanding benefits, career development, and work/life balance resources is in place for approximately 10,000 employees. The Stanford Careers site includes openings for staff positions, with information about Stanford's culture and offerings; on average, over 1,400 new staff are hired each year. Open faculty positions are managed by each of the seven schools; see the open faculty positions page for links.
We work in partnership with human resources professionals in seven schools and 20+ business units to support a talented workforce that propels Stanford confidently into the future.
Review our FY12-FY14 strategic plan, current projects, and our monthly operating reports on the Vice President's Office page.
- Departments reporting to the UHR business unit
- University Policies: Administrative Guide (non-research policies)
- A - Z Index of UHR Programs and Services
- UHR Newsroom
Recent Workplace Awards
We proudly showcase some of the most recent workplace awards the university has earned.