This group is for anyone who has concerns regarding the loss of a family member, co-worker, or friend. The discussions will focus on the interests and concerns of the group members. Some possible topics include:
• Typical reactions to grief
• The process of grieving
• Helping children deal with grief
• Grief and special occasions
• Particular losses – spouse, sibling, child, friend
• Steps to help the recovery process
• Difficult deaths -- sudden death, accident, suicide, crime
• Impact on the family
• What recovery will and will not mean
Facilitators: Sean O'Riordan, Ph.D. and Sandra Mikhail, Clinical Psychology Doctoral Student
Registration required: Click here to register for this event.
Location: Faculty Staff Help Center,
Keck Science Building, Room 183, 380 Roth Way (View campus map»)
Free and open to all faculty, staff, postdocs and retirees of Stanford University, Stanford Hospital, Stanford clinics and LPCH.