This group is for anyone who has concerns regarding the loss of a family member, co-worker, or friend. The discussions will focus on the interests and concerns of the group members. Possible topics include:
• Typical reactions to grief
• The process of grieving
• Grief and special occasions
• Particular losses: spouse, sibling, parent, child, friend
• Steps to help the recovery process
• Difficult deaths: sudden death, accident, suicide, crime
• Impact on the family
• Helping children deal with grief
• What recovery will and will not mean
Facilitators: Sean O'Riordan, Ph.D. & Susan Owicki, M.F.T.
Faculty & Staff Help Center office
Mariposa House, 585 Capistrano Way
Map to location
Free and open to all faculty, staff, postdocs and retirees of Stanford University, Stanford Hospital, Stanford clinics and LPCH.
Group meets every other Tuesday. Registration required; call 723-4577 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.